Knoxville SEO Services For Small Businesses
The goal of any marketing campaign is to get your product or service in front of your target audience and persuade them purchase it. Up to now there have been many ways to do that including marketing stalwarts TV and radio. These methods have proven themselves over time but the advent of the digital revolution has called them into question recently. Does it really pay to produce and air a 30 second TV or radio commercial anymore? The fact is the Internet and search engine optimization (SEO) has created an existential crisis in the world of traditional marketing. Let’s take a closer look at SEO and find out why that is.
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of raising the visibility of a website in a search engine’s non-paid results so that when someone searches for a product it’s your website that appears at or near the top of the page 1 results. Optimization typically involves producing content that is rich in keywords and updating said content on a regular basis. Other techniques involve creating backlinks or inbound links and the utilization of relevant images, videos and other types of content.
Why is it SEO important?
People use the Internet to find things. If you need proof of that consider that nearly 95% of all Internet activity begins with a web search. While that by itself tells you something about the importance of search engines what’s even more important is the fact that 75% of people who search for something will not browse past the first page of search results. People conduct 100 billion or so searches each month on the Internet and with 75 billion of those searches they never wander past the first page of search results. That is why SEO is important.
Here are the top 5 benefits of opting for a Knoxville SEO campaign.
- Brand Awareness – Having your product appear at or near the top of search engine results will have an effect on your brand awareness that few other things can match.
- Enhanced Company Image – First page results are generally perceived by searchers as reflecting higher quality, more trustworthy brands.
- More Traffic – Since 75% of searchers never wander beyond the first page of search results it stands to reason that the websites on the first page receive the lion’s share of traffic.
- ROI – The price of an effective SEO campaign is typically a fraction of what a TV and/or radio advertising campaign would cost. Lower cost means faster ROI.
- Cost Effective – SEO is incredibly cost effective because of its inbound nature which targets those already searching for your type of product or service.
In short a Knoxville SEO campaign that places your business at or near the top of search engine results can be transformative for your company. And you won’t have to take out a huge business loan to afford it.
What About TV and Radio?
There’s no doubt television advertising exposes your product or service to a wide audience. Here are 5 other pros of TV and radio advertising
- A Captive Audience – People tend to invest in TV in ways unique to the medium. They grab a snack, get comfortable and forget about other things.
- Catchy Delivery – With a well produced TV ad the sky’s the limit as far as content. You can keep it simple or create entire worlds to pull the viewers in.
- Ability to Target a Particular Audience – The proliferation of cable channels means there’s a channel for just about every demographic which makes targeting your audience easier.
- No “Loading” Worries – With a TV or radio ad you’ll never have to worry that your advertisement is getting hung up due to bandwidth constraints.
- The Ability to Reach Drivers – Drivers can’t watch TV or surf the net while they drive (at least they shouldn’t) but millions of them can and do listen to radio.
Affordable Knoxville SEO Solutions
If there’s a measure by which Knoxville SEO truly separates itself from TV and radio it’s in price. Keep in mind though that unlike TV and radios ads SEO is not an event, it’s an ongoing process aimed at getting you to the top of search results and then keeping you there.
- TV: A 30 second ad buy on a local cable channel can cost as much as $8,000. (And that doesn’t include how much you paid to have the ad produced.) If you want to run it just a dozen times you’re looking at close to $100,000. If you want to place your ad on local broadcast TV you’re looking at 2-5 times as much. Ouch!
- Radio: A 1 minute radio ad can cost $1,000 dollars but again, you’ll need to pay to produce the ad and you’re going to want to run it as many times as possible with each airing of the ad ticking up the cost.
- SEO: Most companies whose business has a local or regional scope should be able to handle their SEO requirements with a monthly budget of $250 – $1,500. If your business is national or international in scope you may need to spend several times that. But when you consider what an SEO campaign can do for your company and remember that every time your TV ad plays you may blow your SEO budget for the year you can see how much more cost-effective a good SEO campaign can be.
The Brave New World of SEO
Traditional marketing methods like TV and radio ads are steadily losing ground everywhere, including Knoxville. SEO has gained the upper hand for two reasons. First, the TV audience is migrating to the Internet and second, an SEO campaign can bring in high quality customers ready to spend for a fraction of the cost of a TV or radio advertising campaign, (no matter how memorable the commercial may be). Don’t be left holding the marketing bag. Call a Knoxville SEO specialists today and get ready to join the ranks of new media success stories.